Saturday, April 11, 2009

Eczema is NOT Sexy


So I haven't posted in a while, mostly because I have been to busy holding my son to keep him from scratching and getting another staph or strep infection on his skin. He spent most of the Christmas holiday looking like a meth addict. I know this sounds mean, but it's true, this picture was of a really good day, and it was red, patchy and rough all over his little body. Eczema is a beast and doctors aren't looking to cure it, they are waiting for Kevin to grow out of it...maybe.

So after allergy testing (milk, egg, and peanut allergies), Pampers, Luv's, Huggies, 7th Generation, flax oil, probiotics, Aquaphor, Vaseline, Triple Paste Cream, Soy formula, oatmeal baths, emu oil, coconut oil, olive oil, and probably more stuff I can't remember, we are now on hypoallergenic formula and CeraVe cream. He is amazingly better, not cured, but finally soothed and full of so much more energy everyday. Two weeks and counting people.

No comments: